Tuesday 10 February 2009

Beautiful Boy

yesterday evening in the sprinkling rain we went out, D was peddling away over the shimmering pavements and it was the most beautiful thing that I have laid my eyes on in a long time. I followed close behind him with my umbrella, and we went through Greenwich and the rain was so nice over our heads, so clean and enlivening. It did get a bit farcical when D decided to abandon the bike and run and jump, and then wouldnt get back on it, so we terminated the mission and went home, but I am so happy to see him get such vigorous exercise. Later I had a few little glasses of wine after we did the bed time stories and he fell asleep on my lap in the glowing lamp light. I read lots more of the Madonna book, and then watched a bit of a De Niro movie before realising it was late and we had to be up early.

No comments: