Wednesday 28 January 2009

I have been getting depression for years, but every time a particularly powerful wave of it lifts me off my feet, by the time I know what's hit me, i am left spinning, gasping for air on some craggy, none the less, dry-ish, rock...but the waves still lick at my toes and tell me they will be back for more....

I am reading tons of books to D every day and night, he needs more stimulation, new words and images than ever before, and I am taking him for bike rides at 5pm - he loves pedaling along the pavements, as fast as he can, and when we get back we have dinner together, and he is so exhausted he goes straight to sleep on the sofa, for about 7pm, if not we do more stories; Thomas the Tank engine; the Tiger who came to tea; Penguin; the Bear snores on; Stomp Chomp Big Roars Here Come the Dinosaurs; We're Going on a Bear Hunt and so on. Nursery is going really well for him too, he is loving the freedom of playtime, and running about with the children.

No comments: